Why is the environment important to us?
- We set out to be mould-breaking in our industry by focusing relentlessly on our Customers’ needs and the service we provide when we develop, build and maintain properties in our local communities.
- Our business doesn’t exist in isolation. Our Employees, Customers, Suppliers and the local community are all affected by what we do and how we do it. Equally we are aware that our services and the way that we choose to deliver them may have a longer term impact on the environment.
- We consider ourselves to be a proactive and supportive neighbour and friend to those that we live and work with. Accordingly we believe that we have a duty to have a positive long-term effect on our community, our local area and the environment generally.
How do we promote a proactive approach to the environment in our businesses?
- We provide all of our people with access to our quality management systems. Included within this is the Environmental Toolkit which provides clear advice, guidelines and tools to ensure we have a positive impact on the environment.
- Equally we set environmental objectives and targets which are measured, monitored and reviewed to enable continuous improvement in our environmental performance.
- We train our people and make resources available to enable responsible environmental management and behaviours.
- We inspect and audit operations throughout the year, using our local Safety, Health & Environmental Manager, supported by our operating teams to ensure sound environmental practice.
Who has ownership of our approach to the environment in our businesses?
- All of our people are responsible for ensuring high standards of environmental care.
- The Company accepts that environmental issues are management responsibilities but they depend on the co-operation of all employees to make the policy successful.
- It is the duty of all employees to comply with the Company environmental policy at all times and to act responsibly and do everything that they can to promote environmental issues.
- The management of the company will monitor the operation of this policy. The organisation and arrangements of this policy will be displayed at each office, workshop, site and work place for inspection by all employees.
- Directors and management of the company will monitor the operation of this policy. The organisation and arrangements of this policy will be displayed at each office, workshop, site and work place for inspection by all employees.